In this weekly article, Pro Football Spotlight will bring you the statistical analysis of the most recent Chiefs game. PFS will take a look at where the Chiefs chose to run the ball, and what players were called on to work certain parts of the field. For example: Did you know that the Chiefs only threw the ball deep 4 times against the Chicago Bears?
Let’s take a look at those stats…
If you want a more in-depth analysis on where the team was running…then check out the chart, below. In the chart, you will find the number of attempts toward each offensive line position, average yards, per area, and which players were used to attack those areas.
Where did the Chiefs rush the ball?
|Left End.||Left Tackle||Left Guard||Up the Middle||Right Guard||Right Tackle||Right End|
- The Chiefs appeared to attack the left side the most during the Bears game. They ended the game averaging 5.8 yards, per attempt, when running around the left end.
- Although the Chiefs attempted to run the ball to the right side of the formation, they didn’t get much production on that side.
- The Chiefs only averaged 1.5 yards, per attempt, when running over the right guard area, and just over 2.0 yards, per attempt, farther to the right.
- Casey Wiegmann had a hard time holding the Bears’ defensive linemen at bay, this week. So much so that the Chiefs didn’t attempt one run toward the middle of the formation.
Where did the Chiefs throw the ball?
| 2011 Target By Zone Chart
|D.Bowe 1/0-0||–||S.Breaston 1/0-0
|T.Copper 2/1-10||–||–||J.Baldwin 1/1-7|
|J.Baldwin 1/0-0||–||–||J.Urban 1/1-1|
|J.Horne 1/0-0||–||–||R.McClain 1/1-3|
**Graph shows the number of times a player was targeted in a specific area and the total yards receiving in that area.
- The Chiefs only threw the ball to the deep portion of the field, 4 times. All of those attempts were incomplete.
- The Chiefs threw the ball 17 times to the short left zone and 9 times to the short right zone.
- J.Baldwin was targeted 4 times in the game against the Bears.
You might like this article also (click it)