In this weekly article, Pro Football Spotlight will bring you the statistical analysis of the most recent Chiefs game. PFS will take a look at where the Chiefs chose to run the ball, and what players were called on to work certain parts of the field. For example: Did you know that the Chiefs only had a total of 4 net yards in the first half of the Jets game?
Let’s take a look at those stats…
If you want a more in-depth analysis on where the team was running…then check out the chart, below. In the chart, you will find the number of attempts toward each offensive line position, average yards, per area, and which players were used to attack those areas.
Where did the Chiefs rush the ball?
|Left End.||Left Tackle||Left Guard||Up the Middle||Right Guard||Right Tackle||Right End|
- The Chiefs get stuffed 6 times during the Chiefs game. That would be a play that earned either no gain on the play or earned negative yards.
- Jackie Battle gets the most carries this week, with 10.
- The Chiefs appear to try and run on the edges this week. Kansas City only runs up the middle (including the guard areas) 2 times.
- McCluster gets 3 carries over the right side of the formation…and that is it.
Where did the Chiefs throw the ball?
| 2011 Target By Zone Chart
||–||J.Urban 1/0-0||–||J.Urban 3/1-4
||–|| S.Breaston 1/1-16
| D.McCluster 2/0-0
| J.Battle 2/2-28
**Graph shows the number of times a player was targeted in a specific area and the total yards receiving in that area.
- The Chiefs throw the ball deep 7 times during the game. Three out of those seven were completed for a total of 63 yards.
- Dwayne Bowe only gets targeted deep, one time.
- Palko, being left handed, threw the ball 10 times to the short left side of the field…four of those were completed.
You might like this article also (click it)